Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Dark Shadows by Toni Vallan

Description
"My name’s Ella Raimi.
Until last week, my life was pretty normal for a sixteen-year-old. Until I spent that awful night trapped in the janitor's closet in utter darkness. Until the dreams began — suffocating, panic-filled dreams. My best friend Kyla stays with me, but the dreams still continue. And I wake each morning with cuts & burns on my skin. I don’t recall inflicting them.

And then there is the blood on my hands and my sheets when I wake up.

I’m afraid of myself and what I've done.

And I'm beginning to be more afraid of Kyla. And what she will do."

Genre :Horror/Thriller


Ella has been bullied ever since she started a new high school. She is there on scholarship and made to feel unwelcome and unwanted and a "charity" case by the more privileged students who run wild and do as they please, knowing there will be no consequences brought against them by the ineffective principal. One day this bullying goes too far and Ella is left locked in a closet over night. After this incident she begins having nightmares and waking with injuries she didn't have when she went to sleep. Her only friend Kyla wants revenge on Ella's behalf but Ella is feeling helpless and hopeless and does not want to name her attackers. As Kyla begins acting more hostile and Ella's problems begin to escalate we learn the truth about this friendship and a tragic past that could not be escaped. I thoroughly enjoyed this taut psychological thriller.

I received an advance copy for review




No comments:

Post a Comment