Monday, August 1, 2016

Nightmares A New Decade of Modern Horror Edited by Ellen Datlow


Description




First off I adore this cover and applaud the designer. It caught my eye immediately.

This is a large volume of horror at over 400 pages. While I can't say I fell in love with every story, it surely has something for every horror lover. My favorites of the bunch were "Sob In The Silence" which was a story of murder. "Dead Sea Fruit" a very strange tale about the Ash Mouth Man who can make you waste away with a kiss. "Closet Dreams" which was about an escape of sorts from a most vile predator. "Lonegan's Luck" which of course was not really good luck at all. "Was She Wicked? Was She Good?" Is about the aftermath of a little girl who likes to pull the wings off....well you'll see.

"The Shallows" was a strange and fascinating story of a family that I really can't even begin to describe. Now that is not to say the other stories weren't good, these are just the ones that will haunt me for a while.

I received an advance copy for review

4 comments:

  1. The cover is so appealing...makes me want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cover. I've read the Ash Mouth Man story in another book (Humanity of Monsters, maybe?). It was one of the more memorable reads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have to check out Humanity of Monsters. I don't think I've heard of that one

    ReplyDelete