Friday, November 18, 2022

A Sliver of Darkness by C.J. Tudor

 

The debut short story collection from the acclaimed author of The Chalk Man, featuring ten bone-chilling and mind-bending tales

Timeslips. Doomsday scenarios. Killer butterflies. C. J. Tudor's novels are widely acclaimed for their dark, twisty suspense plots, but with A Sliver of Darkness, she pulls us even further into her dizzying imagination.
In Final Course, the world has descended into darkness, but a group of old friends make time for one last dinner party. In Runaway Blues, thwarted love, revenge, and something very nasty stowed in a hat box converge. In Gloria, a strange girl at a service station endears herself to a cold-hearted killer, but can a leopard really change its spots? And in I'm Not Ted, a case of mistaken identity has unforeseen, fatal consequences.

Riveting and explosively original, A Sliver of Darkness is C. J. Tudor at her most wicked and uninhibited.




It's no secret that I have been a fan of C.J. Tudor ever since The Chalk Man was released. I also have a great love for, and addiction to short horror stories.  I had high expectations for A Sliver Of Darkness, and I was not disappointed.
I was hooked from the first story, End of the Liner which incidentally is how I've always pictured a Disney Cruise. (sorry not sorry) Much like reality, this suspenseful little story is all about your own perception of good and bad.
The subsequent stories kept up the pace and maybe even gained momentum. I also enjoyed the author's introduction to each story which told how these tales came to be.
Normally at this point, I would tell you a bit about my favorites in the book but I enjoyed them all. If you are looking for a shivery, chilling, thought-provoking, good time check out this collection.

My thanks to Random House Publishing Group -Ballantine Books




2 comments:

  1. Need to check this out. I enjoyed The Chalk Man but wasn't overly captivated by the writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like short horror stories I think you'll enjoy it but if that's not your thing she also has a new novel coming out in January called The Drift. It looks good.

      Delete