Sunday, July 28, 2019

What a way to end a vacation

This is a picture of Isaiah, the tow truck driver who ended up bringing us home. I took it from inside his truck. (Yes I asked him if it was ok)What a way to end a vacation. We were all packed up and hit the road early enough that I expected to be home in time for lunch. Unfortunately that means we skipped breakfast. We were about an hour from home when the car just totally lost power. The day before it had lost the AC and the light just kept blinking, but that did not seem like a big deal at the time, until we got stuck inside a boiling hot car and the poor cat was with us in her carrier. My husband called Triple A and was assured  they would get to us in less than an hour. We found some shade to wait in, but it was a very scary street and a person came up to us and either tried to sell us drugs or asked us to sell him drugs I am not even sure because he was clearly already on something.

When an hour passed and no truck came, my husband called Triple A again and it was as if they totally forgot about us and had not sent anyone for us. This time they said it would be less than 20 minutes. I had to lie and say the cat threw up from the heat. Honestly I was more worried about her in that cramped carrier than about myself but at least she had gotten breakfast. Finally Isaiah arrived to rescue us. By the time we got home it was 3 pm and we had not a bite to eat all day and not a speck of food except cat food in the house. We were able to borrow a car and go grocery shopping and when we sat down to our first meal of the day it was about 6pm.

I was very happy to see multiple packages of books waiting for me, but honestly after this ordeal and needing to unpack and do laundry I have only begun to open my mail this morning.
If I have accepted a review request from you please understand that I may be a bit late. I will get to it as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment