Thursday, December 2, 2021

The End: A Zombie Story by Tim Turner


 The End is a zombie story that follows two groups of survivors through the post apocalyptic landscape. This novel has strong characters, dark humor and enough horror, suspense and gore for any true fan of the zombie genre.




The End takes place at the start of a zombie apocalypse so the survivors are many, and still learning as they go. We witness their loss of hope that loved ones might recover from being bitten, and their grief when they instead turn into zombies. The characters are likable other than a religious zealot cult leader type who believes this is all part of God's wrath against sinners. Strangers become friends as they work together for their survival and the common good. 
My only criticism would be that there was little to no conflict between them which seemed unlikely. I think some conflict would have made the story a little juicier and more realistic.
 I especially enjoyed the dark humor which gave me a chuckle more than once and local (to me) setting of Rhode Island, with familiar towns that made me feel almost as if I could look out my window and see some of the action.
This is my third read by this Indie author and I would say he is honing his skill and improving his craft with each book.
3.75 out of 5 stars. Rounding up to 4 on Goodreads.


No comments:

Post a Comment