Friday, March 18, 2022

Haunt of Southern-Fried Fear by Ronald Kelly

 

Down below the Mason-Dixon Line, deep in the shadowy hills and hollows of Tennessee, lives a teller of terrifying tales and a spinner of dark yarns unlike any you have ever heard before. Stories to chill your bones and pepper your flesh with goose bumps. What his true name may be, no one knows for sure. But, if you listen closely, you can hear his voice ringing through the dead of night!

Pull up a tombstone and join your host, The Old Storyteller, as he shares nine tales of ghostly horror that will run a shiver down your spine! Tour a backwoods graveyard, neglected and forgotten…a cemetery haunted by restless spirits and wayward souls. Some are earthbound by sorrow and remorse…others by an unearthly hunger for vengeance!

Now enter…the Haunt of Southern-Fried Fear!
 



Well I say it a lot but it bears repeating. I love short horror stories and Ronald Kelly is one of my all time favorite horror writers. As a kid, I also had a huge collection of horror comics. From the time that I was about 8 years old, most Saturday afternoons would find me tagging along with my mother to various flea markets and used book stores. She would be on the hunt for horror novels she hadn't already read, and I would be on the look out for horror comics not yet in my collection. The rest of the weekend would be spent reveling in my purchases that she never would have let me read if she had ever looked inside of one. So this collection of stories totally sends me to my happy place. In the style of those glorious comics of yester-year there is an illustration to go with each story.
In these pages you will meet a ghost hunting family, A woman who has an unusual anniversary, the ghosts of dead children, and more. There are spirits who want only to complete their unfinished business, those who simply don't realize they have passed away, and there are those who are far angrier and seek revenge. If you are in the mood for a ghastly good time you will find it here in Haunt of Southern-Fried Fear.

My thanks to Silver Shamrock Publishing for the review copy.


No comments:

Post a Comment