Monday, September 28, 2026

Kinderlieb by Luisa Colón

Every child deserves to be protected, to have a safe space in the world. And a summer camp in upstate New York called Kindlerlieb promised to be just that: a haven for troubled children.

Instead, eight little campers vanished from Kinderlieb in the summer of 1951, leaving behind unspeakable bloodshed, the stunned, grieving community of Leichen County, and something else—a ruthless manifestation of vengeance that's been sleeping fitfully ever since, a protector simmering with rage and ready to awaken when it is needed.

Decades later, when a makeshift family arrives in Leichen County for a weekend getaway, it's time for the protector to rise again—to give love and care to a little girl in need, and a savage comeuppance to the adults in equal measure.

In the third novel by author Luisa Colón, trauma and rage take the unexpected, massive form of something furry, cuddly, and ready to kill.

 


In the summer of 1951, eight children deemed "troubled" were sent to Camp Kindelieb to rid them of behaviors their parents considered unacceptable. They never returned home, and their bodies were not found among the massacred adults.

In the present day, Gage, his girlfriend Andie, and his daughter Lillith arrive in Leichen County for their first "family" getaway. What is expected to be a peaceful weekend in the scenic, woodsy countryside soon yields way to the reveal of dark secrets and manipulative intentions.

Unimaginable cruelty and the supernatural collide in this twisty horror tale that tricked me from the start. I thought this was going to be about evil, creepy children (and I was fine with that), but it is so much more. I alternated between racing through the pages and forcing myself to put it down because I was enjoying it so much I didn't want it to be over. When I did reach the conclusion, I found myself nodding in approval at the satisfying end.

My thanks to Cemetery Dance Publications for the e-ARC.

Get a copy

About the author

No comments:

Post a Comment